![]() |
| Tlachiquero |
Saludos a todos!
Good group, enjoyable evening. Me dío mucho gusto que todos tenían ganas de cantar!
That's fundamental--la manera en la cual las canciones pasan adentro--en la cual se van ensimismando...
I was a bit thrown at the beginning because of earlier technical snafus, that's why I wasn't able to have room prepared as I like. Set up for visuals, etc. But as the eving moved along, the casual atmosphere, I think, was good!
MÚSICA: Here are the first two downloads:
Chavel Vargas, Sentimiento de México (Vols. I-II)
http://rapidshare.com/files/2778694755/Chavela%20Vargas%20Sentimiento%20de%20Mexico%20I-II.zip
Antonio Bribiesca: La guitarra que llora (I-II)
http://rapidshare.com/files/3087250003/S%26P%20Mexico%20Antonio%20Bribiesca.zip
Nuestra "biblia." For right now, you can find any of the other songs in the cancionero on you tube (use the interpreters I've listed.) I'll put together an S&P: México playlist soon. For this week, internalize Chavela y Antonio!
TIERRA y CORAZÓN
I want you to think of this project as a way of showing us your connection with a particular place in México--pueblo, ciudad, región--una valle, una colima, un lago) algún lugar que conozcas, o que quieres conocer. Either a place that you know (from your own experience, from memory, or from story)--or one from the imagination--that is, one you'd like to know. Make it specific in terms of the feel of the place (that goes beyond it's "look" and has to do with all the senses, and how they become a part of us...
Remember, all media are acceptable, but I want you to show us what you can do visually. It's an introduction, and level of ambition is part of the commitment. (The mark of any good artist, although showing sometimes in subtle ways.) De todo esto hablamos en la próxima!
Also-- DO SEND ME CONFIRMATION FOR CLASS. To do this, take a cell phone self-portrait with you holding the two books and email it to me at chambersstreet, as above. I'll have cec's for you next week.
Tony
